June 12th REOPENING
The Reopening Task Group has moved up our "return to the water" date from June 30th to June 12th. All teams and crews will make their own decisions about when their on-water practices will begin.
Questions can be directed to Wasabi Safety Officers: Jay Marshall email@example.com and KJ Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org or our Reopening Committee Co-Chairs, Connie Flesuras email@example.com, and Kerri Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Safety Policy
Board Approved COVID-19 Safety Policy (April 19, 2021)
Wasabi Attestation Form
For designated teams only - Coaching Staff may use this form for paddlers under age 18, or for members who have difficulty accessing and/or using TeamSNAP.
Club Communications (TeamSNAP emails)
- (Communications listed in descending order)
- Reopening Letter to Wasabi Club Membership (March 31, 2021)
- Reopening update to Wasabi Club Membership (April 27, 2021)
- Update to Wasabi Club Membership (May 21, 2021)
- Update to Wasabi Club Membership (June 7, 2021)
COVID-19 Team and Member Training
This is the coaching staff presentation of the Club COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for our membership.
Members, it is a highly recommended prerequisite, that you view this document and formulate questions you may have of our staff prior to your return to on water activity.
COVID Response Form
We want to hear from you. If a situation arises you feel we can improve our safety protocol please let us know.
If you have tested positive, for the COVID-19 virus, please identify the following in your email
date(s) of contact
who, potentially came into contact with you in this gathering
Coach or crew lead for the gathering
This email form is monitored by our Club Safety Officers.
Questions are bound to come up. Here is a link to a list of the most common questions and answers.
Q: Why aren’t we allowing unvaccinated members to participate on water?
- To maximize safety of club members; CDC guidelines support fully vaccinated people interacting without masks or social distancing
- Wasabi Helms have determined that social distancing on the boats by staggering seating is not safe, especially during summer months with rough water
- We do not have the tools or infrastructure to ask coaches, helms and captains to manage vaccine status and/or negative COVID test results at each practice for each attendee.
- Wasabi continues to monitor CDC and OHA guidelines and will welcome unvaccinated paddlers back on water as soon as it is safe